GOW Details and Raffle Information
Great Outdoor Weekend presents opportunities for children and adults to sample the best outdoor recreation and nature awareness programs available in the 8 counties surrounding the Cincinnati region. This fall there are more than 120 events available—all are free and open to the public.
Many of these events repeat throughout the year, so if you can't get to everything you want in these two days, don't stress - just check with the organization's own website now that you know what they offer! (Admission fees may apply outside of Great Outdoor Weekend)
Enter to win great prizes donated by some of our awesome participating organizations. Just fill out an evaluation form when you visit any of the event locations during Great Outdoor Weekend and you will be registered to win items from this list! (Click the organizations name to see the programs they are hosting.) Click here to complete the program evaluation online and be entered to win.
- Introductory 90 minute Tree Climb donated by EarthJoy Tree Adventures
- $100 Store Gift Certificate donated by Roads, Rivers and Trails
- 2 Owl Nesting Boxes to draw Barn Owls donated by Kenton County Parks & Recreation
- 1 Individual Membership and 1 Family Membership donated by Queen City Bike
- 2013 Hamilton County Parks Motor Vehicle Pass donated by Hamilton County Park District
- Mill Creek Book by Stan Hedeen plus Mill Creek T-Shirt donated by Mill Creek Restoration Project/Groundwork Cincinnati
- One Free Family Membership donated by Cincinnati Nature Center
- CampJoy basket, with T-shirt, glass, and hat donated by CampJoy
- Membership Package: 6-subscription Newsletter, hat, and Book "Birds of the Oxbow" by David Styer donated by Oxbow, Inc
- Physical Activity Pack: Youth-friendly Physical Activity equipment, T-Shirt, and reusable bag donated by WeTHRIVE!
- Camping Cooler and Bike Rack Trunk donated by REI - Cincinnati
- Benchmark Outfitters Gift Pack: Benchmark Outfitters Gift Card, Benchmark Bike Bottle, and Bandana donated by Benchmark Outfitters
- 3 month Family Membership to the YMCA donated by YMCA of Greater Cincinnati
- The Nature Conservancy baseball cap, nalgene water bottle, coffee mug, birder's Journal, 2013 calendar, oak-leaf planter with seeds, and Glass refractory Maple Leaf Sun-catcher donated by The Nature Conservancy of Ohio
- 1 reusable bag, 2 T-shirts, a pen with light, keychain, bottle holder and a MPX bumper sticker donated by MetroParks of Butler County
- 1 Year Family Membership donated by Gorman Heritage Farm
Subaru will be on site Saturday Sept. 22 at Cincinnati Nature Center & Civic Garden Center and also Sunday, Sept 23 at Granny's Garden School & Girl Scouts of Kentucky's Wilderness Road Council. Be sure to thank them for sponsoring the weekend's events!
Visit us on Facebook
Share your stories and photos from your adventures during Great Outoor Weekend of the previous years or share the events that you are most excited to experience this year!
Want to host an event next year?
All events of Great Outdoor Weekend are presented by members of Green Umbrella, the Regional Sustainability Alliance. If you represent an organization, business or school that would like to be a part of Great Outdoor Weekend next year, just join Green Umbrella with a Group membership available online by clicking here! (Members are also encouraged to participate in the Green Umbrella Action Teams: Land, Water, Local Foods, Energy Conservation, Renewable Energy, Waste Reduction, Outdoor Recreation / Nature Awareness, and Transportation. For more info on Action Teams - Click here).